Anasazi Heritage Center
The Anasazi Heritage Center is a museum of the Ancestral Puebloan (or Anasazi) culture and other Native cultures in the Four Corners region. It is also the starting point for visits to Canyons of the Ancients National Monument.
The museum features:
- permanent exhibits on archaeology, local history, and Native American cultures
- two 12th-century archaeological sites
- special exhibits and events
- traveling exhibits available for loan
- educational resources for teachers
- a research library of archaeology and anthropology resources
- a research collection of more than million artifacts and records from archaeological projects in southwest Colorado
- a picnic area and half-mile nature trail
- a museum shop operated by the Canyonlands Natural History Association
The Anasazi Heritage Center is southwest Colorado's premier archaeological museum, operated by the Bureau of Land Management since 1988. All museum facilities are wheelchair-accessible.